- About Us
What to Expect
The following will give you an idea of what to expect when making funeral arrangements with Holbrook Mortuary.
1. When a death occurs call Holbrook Mortuary at 801-484-2045. We are available 24 hours a day to assist you at your time of need day or night.
2. We will then schedule a time to meet with you and your family to plan burial or cremation services for your loved one.
When you come in to make arrangements plan on approx. 1 hour to go over simple cremation services or approx. 2 hours for arrangements that include funeral services or a celebration of life. The following is a sample of items we will discuss at the arrangement meeting.
1. We will gather information about your loved one to file with the County Vital Records Office for a death certificate. Click the link below to download a form that has all the needed information on it.
You can fill out this form and bring it to our meeting, email the form to us prior to coming in for our meeting, or click the "Submit Death Certificate Information" link below to submit the information to us right now.
2. We will assist with placing an obituary in the newspaper(s) of your choice. Also, for no
3. During our arrangement
4. If your services include interment at a cemetery we will assist with contacting the cemetery of your choice to schedule the day and time of the interment. We will also discuss headstone and burial vault regulations at that cemetery. Holbrook Mortuary is an independent mortuary which serves ALL cemeteries. If you do not own cemetery property we can go over all of the options available; cemetery locations and different cemetery
5. If your loved one was Honorably Discharged from any branch of the United States military we will discuss Veteran’s benefits available to you. Some of the benefits available to Veteran’s are a free grave for the Veteran and their spouse, free headstone or headstone medallion, and a flag for military
6. Finally, we will discuss if there are any other needs or desires your family has to personalize the services to meet your wishes. If you have any special requests let us know and we will do everything we can to assist with those requests.
We appreciate your trust in choosing Holbrook Mortuary to care for your loved one and assist you in the planning of these services.
Please contact us if you have any questions.